What Is Control Valve? Major Parts And Classification Of Control Valve.
The Control Valve, which is worked by varying the size of the flow passage, as operated by the external electrical, Pneumatic, or hydraulic control signal from a controller and used to control the fluids flow control, level control, pressure control, temperature control, quantity measure, etc in Ammonia Process, Basic Process, Chemical Engineering, Chemical Process Technology, Chemical Industries, Lubricant Manufacturing, Manufacturing Industries, Oil and Gas, Petrochemicals, Power Generation plant.
# The Control Valve Has (03) Basic Components Or Major Parts:-
01. Actuator Most actuators are pneumatic. Usually, an actuator works with the help of a diaphragm and instrument air. This is the device that positions the throttling element (i.e., the valve plug inside the valve body).
02. Valve body subassembly This is the part where the valve plug, valve seats, and valve casing are located.
03. Accessories These include positioners, I/P (current- to-pressure) transducers, and position sensors.
# Classification Of Control Valves Are Based On Their Motion:-
01. Linear-Motion valves as-
A – Gate Valves.
B – Diaphragm Valves.
C – Globe Valves.
02. Rotary Motion valves as-
01 – Butterfly Valves.
02 – Ball Valves.
03 – Plug Valves.
# The Control Valve Actuator accepts a signal from an external source and, in response, positions (opens or closes) the valve to the position required or designed. Control Valve actuators enable remote operation of control valves.
# Actuators can be moved into position by either:-
01. Hydraulic signal,
02. Air/Gas signals or,
03. Electric signals.
# Typical control valve position commands include:-
01. More Closed,
02. More Open,
03. Fully closed and
04. Fully Open.
# According to the power supply required 3 Types of Control Valve:-
01. Pneumatic valve actuators.
02. Electric valve actuators.
03. Hydraulic valve actuators.
Please take a look at the following links:
What is Critical Point, Surge Point, Yield Point, Aniline Point, Triple Point, Triple Point Of Water, Melting Point, Auto Ignition Point?
What Is Fire Point, Smoke Point, Freezing Point, Dew Point, Flash Point, Pour Point, Boiling Point, Bubble Point?